The Knife aren't through Shaking the Habitual. The trailblazing Swedish electronic-pop duo has announced a new mini album, Shaken-Up Versions, due out digitally on June 17 via Rabid/Brille/Mute Records and on vinyl and CD at a later date. The new set promises versions of classic Knife tracks as reworked for the group's recent North American tour, including music from 2006's Silent Shout and 2003's Deep Cuts. The first preview comes in the form of a video for their staggering 2013 album's "Without You My Life Would Be Boring (Shaken-Up Version)." Directed by Bitte Andersson, it definitely breaks the usual music-video routine, in a thrilling way, with a scene of dancing and joyful chaos in a hospital waiting room.
Watch the video above. You can pre-order the Shaken-Up Versions mini-album here. "Without You My Life Would Be Boring (Shaken-Up Version)" is also available as a single bundle with the video and remixes by Rroxymore, J. Phlip, and Kat Knix — you can buy that here. Also check out our interview with the Knife and the outstanding previous Shaking the Habitual videos for "A Tooth for an Eye" and "Full of Fire."
Shaken-Up Versions track list:
1. "We Share Our Mother's Health (Shaken-Up Version)"
2. "Got 2 Let U (Shaken-Up Version)"
3. "Bird (Shaken-Up Version)"
4. "Without You My Life Would Be Boring (Shaken-Up Version)"
5. "Pass This On (Shaken-Up Version)"
6. "Ready to Lose (Shaken-Up Version)"
7. "Stay Out Here (Shaken-Up Version)"
8. "Silent Shout (Shaken-Up Version)"