Mastodon interpreting ZZ Top? The Black Keys playing Captain Beefheart? The Flaming Lips covering Madonna's "Borderline"?
Covered, A Revolution in Sound: Warner Bros. Records, a new compilation out Feb. 24, includes these and other contemporary versions of legendary Warner Brothers songs, including tunes by Talking Heads, Van Morrison, Roxy Music, and Tom Petty. [Via Billboard.com]
Other highlights: Adam Sandler playing Neil Young's classic "Like a Hurricane," and Against Me! rocking out the Replacements' "Here Comes a Regular."
Check out the full tracklist below. And while you await the album's arrival, watch (below) Sandler perform Young's "Like a Hurricane" on the Late Show with Dave Letterman
Covered, A Revolution in Sound: Warner Bros. Records tracklist:
1. Flaming Lips with Stardeath and White Dwarfs, "Borderline" (Madonna)
2. The Black Keys, "Her Eyes Are a Blue Million Miles" (Captain Beefheart)
3. Michelle Branch, "A Case of You" (Joni Mitchell)
4. Against Me!, "Here Comes a Regular" (the Replacements)
5. Missy Higgins, "More Than This" (Roxy Music)
6. James Otto, "Into the Mystic (Van Morrison), James Otto
7. Adam Sandler, "Like a Hurricane" (Neil Young)
8. Taking Back Sunday, "You Wreck Me" (Tom Petty)
9. Mastodon with Billy Gibbons, "Just Got Paid" (ZZ Top)
10. The Used, "Burning Down The House" (Talking Heads)
11. Disturbed, "Midlife Crisis" (Faith No More)