'We Salute You' will be a digital-only, six-song tribute to previous inductees
Unlike certain other people, the Red Hot Chili Peppers have been and still are 110 percent stoked to have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this past weekend. To celebrate, they've announced that they will release a six-song EP of covers by the inductees that have come before them, fittingly titled We Salute You.
Only one of the six covers, which pay tribute to artists like Iggy and the Stooges and the Beach Boys, is currently out on another release — the group's rendition of the Ramones' "Havana Affair," which was included on the We're a Happy Family: A Tribute to the Ramones record that came out in 2003. (The Stooges cover, "Search and Destroy," appeared on a single CD, but is now out of print). The EP will be released digital-only on May 1 via Warner Bros. Records (and the Chili Peppers' website).
We Salute You EP Track List
- "A Teenager in Love" (Dion and the Belmonts cover)
- "Havana Affair" (Ramones cover)
- "Search and Destroy" (Iggy and the Stooges cover)
- "Everybody Knows This is Nowhere" (live Neil Young cover)
- "I Get Around" (live Beach Boys cover)
- "Suffragette City" (live David Bowie cover)