TV on the Radio, Kills Headline SPIN’s SXSW Bash
OMD, Smith Westerns, OFF! and more set for the March 18 gig at Stubb's in Austin.
Two-time SPIN Album of the Year honorees TV on the Radio will headline the annual SPIN@Stubb’s bash during this month’s SXSW festival, the Brooklyn band’s first appearance in support of their upcoming studio album, Nine Types of Light, which arrives April 12.
Joining TVOTR at the show — which runs from 12:30 to 6 P.M. on Friday, March 18 — are:
• The hot-and-heavy rock sounds of the Kills
• Synth-pop legends OMD (Andy McCluskey & Paul Humphreys)
• Brit rock phenoms the Vaccines
• OFF!, the hardcore supergroup fronted by Circle Jerks singer Keith Morris
• Chicago upstarts (and SPIN Next Big Things for 2011) Smith Westerns
In addition, the indoor club stage will sport more up-and-comers, including synth-pop diva/Mark Ronson collaborator MNDR, dreamy Cali indie popsters Young the Giant, and Western Mass. rabblerousers Dom, along with NYC electro punks Electric Child, and Americana-leaning Pittsburgh quartet 28 North.
In between all the bands, the event will feature DJ sets from Skrillex, Wolfgang Gartner, Designer Drugs, and Anika.