Dave Nada, Tittsworth, Munchi, DJ Ayres, and more wind it up
Moombahton, the pitched-down SoundCloud sensation we profiled back in 2011 continues its high-energy, mid-tempo rampage with a fantastic new compilation from moomba breeding ground T&A Records. The comp proves the internet sub-genre has long legs, is growing angrier and more festival-ready by the minute, and is ready to pretty much rule our summers for at least another year.
Says Puja Patel in our SPIN Essential review: "There's plenty of meat for the modern festival-circuit masses. Dillon Francis, the guy partially responsible for the in-your-face Maluca banger "Que Que," turns toward peaceable, sunshine-kissed glory with "Beautician," light waves of psyched-out trance synths washing over a shower of laser-show melodies that bounce around a syncopated bass line, the huge, trance-y builds dissolving into a laid-back groove rather than a wall of wailing synths. Whether such a no-rules, shifting-boundaries style can truly live forever is an open question, but regardless, this stuff has already lasted much longer than anyone expected."
Long live moombahton!
- Nadastrom, Billy the Gent & Long Jawns — Snake Juice
- Aggro Kids (Heartbreak & Rell) — Killa
- Tittsworth — Club 219
- Kingman Fire (Pickster & Melo) — Mami Whine It Up
- Sabo & Teenwolf — Vibracion
- GTA — Alerta
- Craze — How Y'all Feel
- Sazon Booya & Aglory — La Jungla
- Bro Safari & UFO! — Savage Beauty
- Valentino Khan & ETC!ETC! — Eat It (Original Mix)
- Dillon Francis — Beautician 2.0
- Munchi — La Brasilena Ta Montao feat. Angel Doze
- LeDoom — Deth
- Torro Torro — Gotta Know
- Jay Fay — Dibby Dibby
- Nick Thayer & DJ Yoda — Da Wheel Klamp
- DJ Ayres — Sueños