After working as a live percussionist for Caribou and releasing a pair of digital-only EPs, Brad Weber's Pick a Piper project offered the shuffling "All Her Colours" earlier this year. SPIN's Marc Hogan described the track, which appears on Pick a Piper's upcoming self-titled debut album (out April 2 on Mint Records), as a concoction that felt specially crafted for "fans of floaty, polyrhythmic dance-pop that mixes organic drum sounds with synths, found-sound samples, and electronics."
The rest of the Toronto-based songwriter and producer's first proper LP follows suit: The eight-track effort blends watery, disembodied grooves and shimmering atmospherics with tight-wristed percussion and guest vocals (from members of the Ruby Suns, Enon and Brainiac, Born Ruffians, and Braids) that also keep your feet fixed firmly on the ground. Stream it all down below.
- Pick a Piper — Lucid in Fjords
- Pick a Piper — All Her Colours
- Pick a Piper — Cinders and Dust
- Pick a Piper — Once Were Leaves
- Pick a Piper — South to Polynesia
- Pick a Piper — Zenaida
- Pick a Piper — Hour Hands
- Pick a Piper — Dinghy in a Quiet Cove