Flume Pits Autre Ne Veut Against Ghostface Killah on New ‘Space Cadet’
Deluxe edition of Australian producer's debut LP hits U.S. shores November 12
Australian beatsmith Flume is plotting a mammoth reissue of his self-titled debut album. Due November 12 in the U.S. via Mom + Pop, the deluxe edition of Flume spans four discs, collecting the original LP, a host of remixes (Flume reworking other artists’ work and vice versa), a 70-minute tour documentary, a producer disc with stems for three songs, and a nine-track hip-hop mixtape. Flume has already shared two cuts from the mixtape — a new version of “Holdin On” featuring Freddie Gibbs and the Stalley-assisted “Intro” — and now he’s let go a third.
Flume has drafted Autre Ne Veut and Ghostface Killah (!!) to fill out his twinkling “Space Cadet” instrumental. Debuted on Gorilla vs. Bear, the alternate take spreads Autre Ne Veut’s slick vocals over Flume’s starry sonics, and then jettisons the airy falsetto and down-pitched clips in favor of Killah’s punchy boasts. Stream the three-way collaboration below, and scroll further for the track list to the Flume mixtape. Other guests who cameo on the set include Killer Mike, How to Dress Well, and Grande Marshall.
Flume: Deluxe Edition mixtape track list:
1. “Intro” feat. Stalley
2. “Space Cadet” feat. Ghostface Killah and Autre Ne Veut
3. “Insane” feat. Killer Mike and Moon Holiday
4. “Stay Close” feat. Boldy James, Alexander Spit, and Aaron Cohen
5. “Holdin On” feat. Freddie Gibbs
6. “Change” feat. How to Dress Well
7. “Warm Thoughts” feat. Grande Marshall and Goldie Glo
8. “Sleepless” feat. Twin Shadow and Jezzabell Doran
9. “Hermitude: HyperParadise” feat. M.O.P. (Flume Mixtape Version)