Two days after the Astroworld tragedy that left eight dead, Travis Scott said that he will cover the funeral expenses for the victims. Scott is also teaming with BetterHelp through his Cactus Jack Foundation to offer counseling for a month to those affected by the tragedy.
Earlier on Monday, Scott dropped off the Day N Vegas lineup and will refund all attendees of Astroworld. People close to Scott said he is “too distraught to play” the festival.
On Friday, eight people died and hundreds were injured at the Houston festival that took place at NRG Field. As of now, there are 14 reported lawsuits, one of which stated the tragedy was “predictable and preventable” that were filed in the days since the event. The victims were aged between 14 and 27.
Scott himself has issued two statements following the tragedy, saying he is “absolutely devastated by what took place last night.”
A release states that the rapper remains “in active conversations with the city of Houston, law enforcement and local first responders to respectfully and appropriately connect with the individuals and families of those involved” and that this is the first of “many steps Travis plans on taking as a part of his personal vow to assist those affected throughout their grieving and recovery process.”