What the Fuck Happened Today?
Good evening. Here’s a roundup of absurdity to ruin what’s left of your day:
- Continuing his busy week on Twitter, Kanye West tweeted a selfie in a MAGA hat alongside music execs Lyor Cohen and Lucien Grainge, followed by a photo of a MAGA hat bearing Donald Trump’s signature.
- Horrifyingly, Donald Trump also appears to have spent his afternoon monitoring Kanye’s feed. “Thank you Kanye, very cool,” the president wrote, retweeting Kanye’s claim that the two “are both dragon energy.”
- Kim Kardashian West tried her best to contain her husband’s damage. “He’s a free thinker, is that not allowed in America?” Kardashian tweeted. “He never said he agrees with his politics.”
- Meek Mill was released from prison last night! He then attended a Sixers game with… annoying YouTuber Jake Paul?
- Those homophobic posts on MSNBC host Joy Reid’s old blog were hacks, except the one she already apologized for, according to her “cybersecurity expert,” who seems a little too familiar with white supremacists.
- Fleetwood Mac: Still talking shit about each other after all these years. Yes, they’re going on tour this fall, and no, Lindsey Buckingham is not invited.
- A Perfect Circle’s new album Eat the Elephant is more of the same, writes Spin reviewer Ian Cohen. Maynard James Keenan fans made their diverging opinions known in the comments.
- Soulja Boy’s former merch site sells dragon dildos now. Not kidding. NSFW.
- Jack White covered the Modern Lovers, which is too bad because he’s about fifteen percent as funny as Jonathan Richman. At this point, that’s the least of our problems.
- At least there’s still one nice thing that hasn’t been ruined yet.
Happy Wednesday! Honestly: what the fuck.