Kevin Jonas Testifies In FIFA Trial That Paul McCartney Concert Actually Took Place

HOLLYWOOD, CA - NOVEMBER 17: Musician Kevin Jonas arrives at the 5th Annual TeenNick HALO Awards at Hollywood Palladium on November 17, 2013 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Charley Gallay/Getty Images for Nickelodeon)

The New York trial of three South American soccer officials has taken another strange twist with surprise testimony by pop star Kevin Jonas.

The former member of the Jonas Brothers turned up in the courtroom Thursday to bolster testimony that one of the defendants had been bribed with tickets to a Paul McCartney concert in Argentina in 2010. Jonas didn’t have personal knowledge of the bribes but confirmed the ex-Beatle’s concert had taken place as prosecutors said.

The defense had refused to acknowledge the concert took place.

Jonas says he saw the concert before a show his band was set to play in Buenos Aires.

The soccer officials have pleaded not guilty to bribery charges stemming from an investigation of FIFA, soccer’s governing body.

 

IMPACT

you may like

Scroll to Top