News \

Azealia Banks Announces New Record Deal With RZA

Believe it or not, Azealia Banks has some good news to share: She says she’s inked a new record deal with RZA. Posting to Facebook recently, the controversial rapper wrote, “I’m FINALLY getting a record deal 🙂 . I’m signing with RZA. He and I have an excellent work chemistry.”

This won’t be the first time that Banks and RZA have collaborated—she’s the star of Coco, an upcoming music film directed by RZA in which Banks plays a female rapper on the come-up. In her Facebook post, the 25-year-old MC noted that she had “loads of fun” working with the Wu-Tang leader on the movie, and teased that “Business and Pleasure is imminent.”

No surprise, but Banks has a bit of a hectic history with record labels. She parted ways with Interscope back in 2014, allowing her to release her (still incredible) debut album, Broke With Expensive Taste, with Prospect Park. In July of 2015, she announced that she was leaving Prospect. In the time since then, the Harlem rapper released her solid-enough Slay-Z mixtape.

Also of note: Banks recently revealed on Facebook that she regrets weighing in on the presidential election. You might remember that she pledged her support of Donald Trump back in February, tweeting that the Donald is “the only one who truly has the balls to bust up big business. Hilary is too tied in with them and Bernie has no clout.” This past Friday, though, she continued her apology tour, writing, “I deeply regret mixing music and politics as I am now finding it nearly impossible to keep up with the election and the media frenzy.”

Banks—who also swore a couple of months ago that she’d quit social media, but whatever—added that she “made a major mistake endorsing toupey-toupee. Womens rights are important and we must protect them.” Read all of said posts below.

[Pitchfork]