“Wondaland [Records] is a magic place,” says Nate Wonder of funk-folk duo Deep Cotton at the beginning of a short film, Wondaland: Welcome to the Future, about the label of which he speaks. “It’s a place where you can tell stories in unforgettable ways.”
The five-part documentary about Janelle Monáe‘s bastion of talent is being released in conjunction with Wondaland Presents: The Eephus EP, due August 14, and includes six tracks from Wondaland’s carefully handpicked roster: Its founding singular artist, Jidenna (“It’s a mystery school where you learn how to be the dopest magician in the world,” he adds later on in the clip), Deep Cotton, Roman GianArthur, and St. Beauty.
Watch every artist talk about the collective here, and stay tuned for the remaining parts to be rolled out on SPIN until The Eephus arrives at the end of this week. Find the full track list for the release below.
Wondaland Presents: The Eephus EP track list:
1. Deep Cotton, “Let’s Get Caught” (feat. Jidenna)
2. Jidenna, “Classic Man” (feat. Roman GianArthur)
3. Janelle Monáe and Jidenna, “Yoga”
4. St. Beauty, “Going Nowhere”
5. Roman GianArthur, “iKnow”
6. Jidenna, “Classic Man” (feat. Kendrick Lamar) [Remix]