A Rhode Island Superior Court judge upheld charges of involuntary manslaughter against the owners of Warwick, RI’s Station Nightclub, where over 100 people died in a fire during a Great White concert in 2003. According to AP, prosecutors say that club owners Michael and Jeffrey Derderian violated Rhode Island fire codes by using non-flame resistant foam and by using pyrotechnics without a license. The 2003 fire occurred when pyrotechnics from Great White’s performance ignited the soundproofing foam surrounding the stage. Yesterday’s ruling against the Derderian brothers follows last week’s ruling in U.S. District Court upholding charges of negligence against the town of Warwick. A CD to benefit the victims of the Station fire called Rock to the Rescue was released earlier this year.
Get SPIN.com headlines for FREE on your mobile phone! Just text SPIN to 68423 to sign up. It’s one message per day, Monday thru Friday, bringing you all the news that rocks, minus the carpal tunnel.