Gonzo comic and Adult Swim television host Eric Andre has teamed up with DFA disco revisionists YACHT to create a 48-minute mixtape chock full of smooth grooves and medical advice. Dubbed Dr. MDMA, M.D., the 13-track set features highlights from sources as seemingly disparate as Can founder Holger Czukay and house music upstart Julio Bashmore, plus "drops" from Andre in which he reveals such profound truths as "I have HPV. Most people do," and "I don't ... I don't exactly have my medical license." Still, we're fairly sure the Adult Swim-assisted mix will cure some ailments — summertime blues, dance malaise, and self-seriousness chief among them. The collaboration comes in honor of a pair of live gigs that Andre and YACHT are sharing: July 16 at Los Angeles' Fonda Theatre, and July 20 at the house of Blues in San Diego in collaboration with Comic-Con. Get wonderfully weird to this:
YACHT & Eric Andre present: Dr. MDMA, M.D.:
1. Daniel Avery - "Drone Logic (Factory Floor Gabe Gurnsey Remix)"
2. Todd Terje - "Strandbar (Samba)"
3. Bill Wyman - "(Si, Si) Je Suis un Rock Star"
4. Gramme - "Too High"
5. Mutsumi - "Look Down At Your Feet Below"
6. Holger Czukay - "Cool In The Pool"
7. Tomas Barfod - "Saturdaya"
8. A la Carte - "Doctor, Doctor (Jeffrey Jerusalem Edit)"
9. Matias Aguyo - "Rrrrr"
10. Siriusmo - "Doctor Beak"
11. Wet Ones - "Cool"
12. Fun Fun - "Happy Station"
13. Julio Bashmore - "Au Seve"