Folkadelphia is a "folk-adjacent" weekly radio show that values performance chops. As such, producers have put together Folkadelphia Sessions Volume One, a 16-track compilation collecting some of the best in-studio sets recorded between November 2012 and November 2013. "These sessions were recorded without the use of multitracking or other studio 'magic,' and instead are unadorned first or second takes of songs," reads an official announcement.
Among the artists caught on tape: William Tyler, Angel Olsen, Dana Falconberry, DeVotchKa, Owen, Laura Stevenson, and Sara Watkins. Folkadelphia Sessions Volume One will be available as a free download on Bandcamp later this week, but right now, the entire album is streaming below. Scroll down to revisit the best of Folkadelphia, and be sure to catch the program as it airs weekly on WXPN, every Wednesday in December from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. EST.
Folkadelphia track list:
1. Sara Watkins - "Lock & Key
2. DeVotchKa - "Along The Way"
3. Angel Olsen - "Free"
4. Joshua James - "Queen Of The City"
5. Anais Mitchell - "Dyin' Day"
6. Jessica Pratt - "Wrong Hand"
7. Don Bikoff - "Max's Tune"
8. Richard Youngs - "The Future Is So Different Today"
9. Laura Stevenson - "The Hole"
10. Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers - "Little Too Late"
11. Owen - "Love Is Not Enough"
12. Holly Williams - "Gone Away From Me"
13. William Tyler - "Cadillac Desert"
14. Red Tail Ring - "Katy Came Breezing"
15. Dana Falconberry - "Possum Song"
16. Ben Seretan - "Fuck And Run" (Liz Phair cover)