Nirvana’s Krist Novoselic Is the 10th Richest Bassist in the Game
Find out where Flea fits into the equation
Nirvana’s Krist Novoselic is supposedly the 10th richest bassist, period. This via The Richest, which appears to have taken the recent-ish Forbes tactic (see yesterday’s highest-earning DJ rundown) and created an entire website around money lists. They don’t identify their sources, and we can’t be sure which other bass-slappers were considered, but there’s at least a sort of logical flow to those included. To wit, the No. 1 spot goes to Paul McCartney, worth a supposed $1.2 billion. Similarly the No. 2 rung is occupied by two other frontmen: KISS blowhard Gene Simmons and Sting of the Police, tied at $300 million.
So how much is Novoselic worth?
If that shirt doesn’t scream $40 million, we’re not sure what does. The bottom five:
10. Nirvana’s Krist Novoselic – $40 million
9. No Doubt’s Tony Kanal – $45 million
8. Black Sabbath’s Geezer Butler – $65 million
7. Led Zeppelin’s John Paul Jones – $80 million
6. Red Hot Chili Peppers’ Flea – $115 million
And the fact that he hobnobs with the bass boss helps make the case. The top five:
5. U2’s Adam Clayton – $150 million
4. Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters – $270 million
2. KISS’ Gene Simmons – $300 million
2. The Police’s Sting – $300 million
1. The Beatles’ Paul McCartney – $1.2 billion
We’d guess that makes him the richest accordionist too. Then again…
And if air-bass counts, this guy might be the champ:
But as far as we’re concerned, Novoselic should have it all. Praise Krist.