Pete Doherty Charged, Rihanna Cover Art & More
Plus: Ting Tings Preview New Music, Broken Social Scene Reveal Anthemic New Track.
- Pete Doherty was officially charged with cocaine possession yesterday after getting busted back in January. Doherty was caught after police discovered the body of Robin Whitehead, an acquaintance who died of a suspected overdose. Doherty remains on bail and is due to appear in chourt on October 18. [BBC]
- Rihanna took to her Twitter to reveal the cover art for her forthcoming album, Loud. “Wuddup RihannaNavy, here’s a little taste of Loud,” she wrote of the artwork, which is an up-close portrait of the singer. The album – due out in November -will reportedly include a collaboration with Drake. [Twitter]
- British electro-pop duo the Ting Tings have offered a taste of their next record, posting a brief clip of the new song “We’re Not the Same.” [YouTube]
- Fresh off releasing their debut album as Tired Pony this week, Snow Patrol’s Gary Lightbody and R.E.M.’s Peter Buck are prepping a second album together. The band – which also features Belle and Sebastian’s Richard Colburn and producer Jacknife Lee – are hoping to record in February. “We’re probably going to make it in Nashville or Memphis,” Lightbody said. [Spinner]
- Broken Social Scene have released an anthemic new track “Not at My Best,” which will be included on the soundtrack to It’s Kind of a Funny Story. [Spinner]
- Vampire Weekend dropped by Ellen DeGeneres’ show yesterday to perform “Holiday” and “Cousins.” Check out the clips below.