Lil Wayne suffered "seizure-like" symptoms on his private jet Thursday afternoon, forcing an emergency landing in Texas, according to TMZ. Though details are scarce, a source close to Weezy reportedly says the rapper went to an area hospital "for several hours." Happily, Wayne was out of the hospital by roughly 6 p.m., and he's "doing better," according to TMZ's sources.
Other details are unclear. As of this post, the 30-year-old Young Money MC hasn't updated his Twitter account since Wednesday. Earlier this week, he looked to be exuberant (and "presumably healthy") as he sang "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" at Sunday's San Francisco Giants baseball playoff game. Also this week, MTV reported that Lil Wayne says he has "like 90" unreleased songs produced by Dr. Dre. And on Tuesday (October 23), Wayne appeared in the block-party video for his collaboration with T.I., "Ball."
Unfortunately, Tunechi isn't the first rapper to face an in-flight medical scare. Rick Ross, who also boasts about his less than wholesome lifestyle, was hit with a seizure of his own about a year ago, also while in the air.
Get well soon, Weezy, because if nothing else we need you to keep sending up the absurdity of the criminal justice system.
UPDATE: Lil Wayne's reps insist the rapper did not suffer a seizure. "Lil Wayne was successfully released from the hospital after being treated for a severe migraine and dehydration," they write in a statement. "He is at home on doctor mandated rest and will return to work soon. He appreciates all of his fans for their support and love."