You can't keep Grinderman down. Less than a month after Nick Cave announced a hiatus for his sleaze-rock project with members of usual backing the Bad Seeds, a previously unreleased Grinderman remix by Yeah Yeah Yeahs guitarist Nick Zinner has hit the web. Zinner puts his own scuffed, atmospheric electro-rock stamp on swampy neo-psych droner "Bellringer Blues," and you can hear the results here (via Consequence of Sound).
Zinner's take is part of a March 13 compilation of remixed tracks from 2010's Grinderman 2. The list of artists contributing to the album includes some refreshingly unusual remixers, such as Queens of the Stone Age's Josh Homme, the National's Matt Berninger, and A Place to Bury Strangers. Robert Fripp even appears on a remix of "Heathen Child." Besides Zinner's remix, however, the only other track that hasn't previously seen the light is a remix of "When My Baby Comes" by London avant-folkies SixToes. Knowing Grinderman, though, that light was probably only a pale moonlit glow.
Grinderman 2 RMX track list:
1. Grinderman - "Super Heath Children" (with Robert Fripp)
2. Grinderman - "Worm Tamer" (A Place to Bury Strangers Remix)
3. Grinderman - "Bellringer Blues" (Nick Zinner Remix)
4. Grinderman - "Hyper Worm Tamer" (UNKLE Remix)
5. Grinderman - "Mickey Bloody Mouse" (Josh Homme Remix)
6. Cat's Eyes with Luke Tristram - "When My Baby Comes" (Grinderman cover)
7. Grinderman - "Palaces of Montezuma" (Barry Adamson Remix)
8. Grinderman feat. Matt Berninger - "Evil" (Silver Alert Remix)
9. Grinderman - "When My Baby Comes" (SixToes Remix)
10. Grinderman - "Heathen Child" (Andy Weatherall Remix)
11. Grinderman - "Evil"; (Factory Floor Remix)
12. Grinderman: - "First Evil" (demo)