"Bros before hoes this time," Charli XCX writes. Last week the 19-year-old London electro-soul singer-songwriter unveiled her day-brightening Supergirl Superlove mixtape, which made room for Spice Girls, Britney Spears, Azealia Banks, Siouxie and the Banshees, and Kate Bush. Now she has posted "the boy version" of the mixtape, which runs from Lil Wayne's "A Milli" to Justice's club-shattering remix of Simian's "We Are Your Friends" en route to Ying Yang Twins' recently Bieber-imitated "The Whisper Song," with nods to the Leave Britney Alone Kid and Twin Peaks. In the battle of girls versus boys, the women might have won, but only because XCX didn't include what she reveals in the current issue of SPIN was her "song on the road" during her first U.S. tour: R. Kelly's immortal "Bump N' Grind."
Charli XCX, I Like Boys Who Cry track list:
- Lil Wayne, "A Milli"
- Madeon, "Icarus"
- "Leave Britney Alone" interlude
- Justice vs. Simian, "We Are Your Friends"
- Bleeding Knees Club, "Bad Guys"
- Active Child (feat. How to Dress Well), "Playing House"
- Ritualz (feat. Gvcci Hvcci), "Ghetto Ass Witch"
- Gabriel Bruce, "Sleep Paralysis"
- Ying Yang Twins, "The Whisper Song"
- "The Owls Are Not What They Seem" interlude