2014 marks the 20th anniversary of both Blur's Parklife and Oasis' Definitely Maybe, so you could make a case that this year represents the 20th anniversary of the mannered genre of Britpop as a whole. BBC has already picked up on this fact and has celebrated with some special programming and today they've announced further fanfare in the form of Britpop at the BBC, a new compilation of unreleased live performances from the era, according to NME.
Culled from appearances on The Evening Session, Britpop at the BBC will feature previously unreleased live tracks from Blur, Pulp, Suede, Manic Street Preachers, the Charlatans, Ash, and more. This set will also feature two other discs that survey the genre's singles, curated by The Evening Session's Steve Lamacq and Jo Whiley. That portion of the compilation will reportedly feature singles by Oasis, the Verve and Radiohead, as well as less celebrated names like Marion, My Life Story and Echobelly, though the full track list isn't available yet.
The track list for the live disc, however, is below.
Britpop at the BBC track list:
1. Blur - "Girls And Boys"
2. Pulp - "Lipgloss"
3. Suede - "Trash"
4. Supergrass - "Late In The Day"
5. Manic Street Preachers - "She Is Suffering"
6. Echobelly - "Atom"
7. Catatonia - "Mulder And Scully"
8. The Charlatans - "One to Another"
9. Auteurs - "Junk Shop Clothes"
10. Gene - "This Is Not My Crime"
11. Gorky's Zygotic Mynci - "Desolation Blues"
12. 3 Colours Red - "Beautiful Day"
13. Mansun - "Closed For Business"
14. Ash - "I'm Gonna Fall"