Amy Winehouse’s Next Posthumous Release: BBC Live Collection
In what's becoming a Black Friday tradition, a comp of the singer's performances for the network is due in November
In what’s becoming a Black Friday tradition, next month brings the arrival of another Amy Winehouse posthumous release. Last year, it was the outtakes compilation Lioness: Hidden Treasures, and now a CD/DVD collection of live performances titled At the BBC is on the way. The set features 14 performances the late singer recorded for the venerable British station from the Frank-era in 2004 to her last appearances on the channel in 2009. The compilation finds a nice balance between Winehouse’s most popular songs, like “Valerie” and “You Know I’m No Good,” and lesser-known cuts like “Lullaby Birdland” and “Best Friends, Right?” At the BBC arrives in stores on November 13.
At the BBC also comes with a DVD featuring a short film called The Day She Came to Dingle, which features an interview and six songs Winehouse taped for the BBC in 2006. That performance features the hits “Rehab,” “Tears Dry on Their Own,” and “Me & Mr. Jones.” Speaking of “Mr. Jones,” or Nasir Jones a.k.a. Nas, the rapper also lends some words about the singer to the At the BBC liner notes. It was also revealed this week that Nas will donate £1 from every ticket for his upcoming U.K. concert to his “Cherry Wine” partner’s Amy Winehouse Foundation. The Life Is Good rapper will also perform at the foundation’s New York gala on March 21, 2013.
And in one more Winehouse item, the BBC reports that a Danish theatre group plans on opening a play based on Amy’s life and music in 2013. However, the Winehouse family (surprisingly) has no involvement in the production.
At the BBC
1. “I Know You Now” [Leicester Summer Sundae 2004]
2. “Fuck Me Pumps” [T In The Park 2004]
3. “In My Bed” [T In The Park 2004]
4. “October Song” [T In The Park 2004]
5. “Rehab” [Pete Mitchell 2006]
6. “You Know I’m No Good” [Jo Whiley Live Lounge 2007]
7. “Just Friends” [Big Band Special 2009]
8. “Love Is a Losing Game” [Jools Holland 2009]
9. “Tears Dry On Their Own” [Jo Whiley Live Lounge 2007]
10. “Best Friends, Right?” [Leicester Summer Sundae 2004]
11. “I Should Care” [The Stables 2004]
12. “Lullaby Birdland” [The Stables 2004]
13. “Valerie” [Jo Whiley Live Lounger 2007]
14. “To Know Him is to Love Him” [Pete Mitchell 2006]